If you’ve ever wondered if you can wear your hair up with tape in extensions, the answer is yes! Tape in extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair, and they’re also very versatile. You can style them any way you want, including wearing them up in a ponytail or bun.
- Start with clean, dry hair
- If your hair is oily, use a clarifying shampoo to remove any buildup on the scalp and in the hair
- Decide where you want your hairline to sit
- Tape in extensions should be placed about ½ inch from the hairline
- Use a comb to section off the top half of your head, clipping back the bottom half out of the way
- Starting at the front of your head, take small sections of hair and tape the extensions to your natural hair close to the scalp
- Be sure not to place the extensions too close to the roots, as this can cause damage when removing them later
- Continue taping extensions in small sections all around your head until you reach the back
- Then release the bottom half of your hair and repeat Step 4 until all extensions are in place
- 6Style as desired! You can wear your newly extended mane down and loose, or style it into an updo or braid for a more polished look
Quick & Easy Hairstyles with Tape in Extensions | ZALA Hair Extensions
Do And Don’Ts for Tape in Extensions?
If you’re considering tape-in hair extensions, there are a few things you should know before making the commitment. Tape-in extensions can be a great way to add length and volume to your hair, but they require some special care to keep them looking their best. Here are a few do’s and don’ts for tape-in extension care:
Do: – Use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to avoid stripping the adhesive from the extensions. – Gently brush your hair with a soft bristle brush, starting at the tips and working up to the roots.
Be careful not to tug or pull on the extensions. – Wash your hair in sections, using your fingers to detangle instead of a brush. – Let your hair air dry whenever possible, or use a low heat setting on your blow dryer if necessary.
Avoid using hot tools too often, as this can damage both your natural hair and the extensions. – Sleep with your hair in a loose braid or bun to prevent tangles and damage while you sleep. Don’t:
– Don’t wait too long between washes – aim for every 3-4 days if possible. The longer you go without washing, the more likely it is that dirt and oil will build up on both your scalp and the extensions, leading to breakage and thinning over time. – Don’t use any products containing alcohol near the bonds – this will dissolve the adhesive holding the extensions in place!
Stick to sulfate-free shampoos & conditioners as well as alcohol-free styling products .
Can You Wear Your Hair Up When You Have Extensions?
Yes, you can wear your hair up when you have extensions. However, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, if your extensions are clip-ins, be sure to put them in before putting your hair up.
Second, avoid tight hairstyles that can put too much pressure on your scalp and damage your hair. Third, use gentle products and techniques when styling your hair to avoid damaging the extensions.
What Hairstyles Can You Do With Tape in Extensions?
Tape in hair extensions are a great option if you’re looking for a semi-permanent way to add length and/or fullness to your natural hair. They can be reused multiple times and are relatively easy to remove at home. Plus, they offer a more seamless look than clip-in extensions and can be styled in many different ways.
In this post, we’ll show you five different hairstyles that you can do with tape in extensions. Ponytail: A classic ponytail is always a good option when you’re short on time or need to get your hair out of your face. To style, simply gather all of your hair into a high or low ponytail (depending on your preference) and secure with an elastic band.
If you have shorter layers around your face, you may want to lightly tease them before pulling them back into the ponytail to help create some lift. Once everything is secured, take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic band to conceal it. Finish by spraying with hairspray for extra hold.
Half-up, half-down: This style is perfect for days when you want to wear your hair down but still need it off your face. To achieve this look, start by dividing your dry hair into two sections – top and bottom – using either your fingers or a comb. Then, take the top section and tie it back with an elastic band, leaving the bottom section down.
You can leave some loose pieces out around your face for a softer look or pull everything back tight for something more polished. Finally, spray with hairspray for hold. Braid: Braids are always a good idea!
They’re cute and feminine but also keepyour hair out of your face (win-win). There are many different types of braids that you can do – fishtail braid, french braid, dutch braid…the list goes on! For this particular style, we recommend doing either a french braid or dutch braid along the crown of your head (starting at the forehead), securing it with an elastic band at the end.
Then let the rest ofyour hair hang loose – no needto do anything else!
How Do You Put in Tape Extensions in a High Ponytail?
Tape-in hair extensions are a popular choice for those looking to add length and/or fullness to their hair. Tape-ins are applied by bonding the weft of hair extensions to small sections of your natural hair with tape. This method is semi-permanent, lasts 2-3 months, and is gentle on your natural hair.
Putting tape-in extensions in a high ponytail is a great way to add volume and length to your look. Here’s how to do it: 1. Start with clean, dry hair that has been brushed through and detangled.
If you have oily skin or scalp, you may want to shampoo your hair beforehand so the tapes don’t slip. 2. Divide your hair into small sections using comb clamps or sectioning clips. The smaller the sections, the easier it will be to apply the tape-ins without them being visible.
3. Choose the wefts you want to use for your high ponytail and cut them into desired lengths (we recommend 4”-6”). Make sure the wefts are wide enough so they won’t slip out when pulled into a ponytail! If you have fine or thinning hair, use two pieces of double-sided tape per weft for extra hold.
4. Starting at the nape of your neck, take down one small section at a time and apply the extension tapes close to your scalp. Continue applying tapes until all wefts are securely in place. Gently brush through any tangles and style as desired!
How to Hide Tape in Extensions When Putting Hair Up
If you’re like me, you love the look of extensions but hate the tell-tale signs of tape. Here’s a little trick I’ve learned to help hide the tape when putting my hair up.
First, start with clean, dry hair.
Comb your hair back away from your face and secure it with a clip. Then, take a small section of hair from the front and place a strip of tape along the length of it. Next, take a second small section of hair and place it over the first section, sandwiching the tape in between.
Now comes the tricky part: take another small section of hair and wrap it around both sections (with the tape in between), tucking it under so that it holds everything in place. Finally, mist with hairspray and release your clip! Voila – no more visible tape!
If you’re considering getting tape-in hair extensions, you may be wondering if you can still wear your hair up in a ponytail or bun. The good news is that you can absolutely rock a high ponytail or topknot with tape-in extensions. In fact, many women find that their hair looks even better when styled in an updo with tape-in extensions.
One thing to keep in mind is that you’ll need to be careful when brushing your hair while it’s up in a ponytail or bun. Be sure to use a soft bristled brush and take care not to tug too hard on the roots of your hair. When brushing your Extensions, start from the bottom and work your way up.
This will help prevent any damage to the bonds holding your Extensions in place. So go ahead and enjoy all the benefits of wearing your hair up with tape-in extensions!