Nail art dots are one of the easiest and most versatile designs you can do at home. All you need is a dotting tool and some polish, and you can create all sorts of looks. Here’s a step by step guide to doing nail art dots.
DOs & DON'Ts: polka dot nails | how to do polka dot nail art
- On a clean, dry nail, apply a base coat to help protect your nails and provide a smooth surface for the polish to adhere to
- Next, apply a layer of your desired color nail polish
- For this design, we used white as our base color
- Once the base color is dry, it’s time to start adding the dots! To create dots of various sizes, you will need at least two different sized dotting tools
- If you don’t have dotting tools, you can also use a toothpick or bobby pin
- Begin by diping your dotting tool into the first color nail polish you would like to use for your design
- We used light blue for our first color
- Gently touch the tip of your dotting tool onto your nail to create a small circle/dot of polish 5-10 times until you have achieved the desired look
- Be sure not try to make one large circle with the dotting tool as this will result in an uneven shape once dry
- 6 Repeat steps 4 & 5 using additional colors until you are happy with your design! Allow plenty of time for each layer of polish to dry completely before moving on to the next step or else your dots may smudge or blend together
How to Make Dots on Nails Without Dotting Tool
Nail art is a fun way to express your personality, and one of the most popular trends is dotting. Dotting tools are great for creating perfect dots, but they can be expensive and hard to find. Luckily, there are plenty of other ways to create dots on your nails without a dotting tool!
To create dots without a dotting tool, all you need is a toothpick or bobby pin. Simply dip the end of the toothpick or bobby pin into your nail polish, then press it onto your nail to create a dot. You can also use the end of a pen or pencil if you don’t have a toothpick or bobby pin handy.
If you want larger dots, try using the eraser end of a pencil. Just dip it into your nail polish and press it onto your nail for a bigger dot. You can also use round objects like buttons or coins to create large dots.
Simply press them into your nail polish and then onto your nails. No matter what method you use, always start with clean nails and make sure your polish is completely dry before adding any dots. Once you’ve mastered the art of dotting, you’ll be able to create all sorts of fun designs!
How Do You Do Nail Dots?
Nail dots are a popular nail art design that can be created using a variety of different techniques. The most common method is to use a dotting tool, which is a small metal rod with a rounded tip that comes in various sizes. You can also create nail dots using a toothpick or bobby pin.
To create the perfect nail dot, start by selecting the color you want to use for your design. Then, apply a base coat to your nails and allow it to dry completely. Next, dip your dotting tool into the polish and then gently press it onto your nail to create the dot.
Repeat this process until you have created the desired number of dots on each nail. Finally, apply a top coat to seal in your design and protect it from chipping.
How Do You Do Dotted Nail Art?
Dotted nail art is a fun and easy way to add some pizzazz to your nails. It’s also a great way to show off your creative side. Here are some tips on how to create beautiful dotted nails:
1. Choose the right colors. When it comes to dots, less is more. Stick to two or three colors that complement each other.
2. Use a dotting tool. A toothpick or bobby pin can work in a pinch, but for best results use a dotting tool with different sized heads. This will help you create uniform dots of different sizes.
3. Start with the biggest dots first. Using your largest dotting tool, start by making big dots in the center of each nail. Then fill in the rest of the space with smaller dots using your smaller dotting tools.
How Do I Make Dots Without a Dotting Tool?
There are a few ways to make dots without using a dotting tool. One way is to use a toothpick or bobby pin. Simply dip the end of the toothpick or bobby pin into some paint, then lightly press it onto your paper to create a dot.
Another way is to use a pencil eraser. Dip the eraser into some paint, then press it onto your paper to create dots. Finally, you can also use a cotton swab or Q-tip.
Dip the cotton swab or Q-tip into some paint, then lightly press it onto your paper to create dots.
How Do You Paint Perfect Polka Dots?
If you want to paint perfect polka dots, there are a few things you need to do. First, you need to choose the right brush. A small round brush is best for this job.
Second, you need to load your brush with paint. Be sure to not overload the brush so that the paint doesn’t run down the sides. Third, start with a light touch and build up the color slowly.
Finally, be patient and consistent with your pressure and placement for each dot.
Nail art dots are a simple and easy way to add some flair to your nails. All you need is a toothpick and some patience. First, paint your nails with a base coat of polish.
Once the base coat is dry, use the toothpick to dot on some contrasting color polish in whatever design you like. You can make dots of different sizes or line them up in a row. Let the dots dry completely before adding a topcoat of clear polish.